Celebration Bermuda grass
Celebration ® Bermuda grass is an Australian Breed Cynodon dactylon developed by renowned turfgrass breeder Rod Riley that offers specifiers, landscapers, golf course designers, sportsturf managers and homeowners exceptional performance across a wide spectrum of applications. Celebration Bermuda is a dark blue-green turfgrass that grows in a low prostrate fashion and requires less mowing than typical bermuda grass varieties. Celebration Bermuda has tough runners, rhizomes, and deep roots that provide excellent sod strength, wearability, and improved drought tolerance. While shade tolerance research is ongoing at the university level, Celebration Bermuda is the first bermuda grass to exhibit improved tolerance in sportsturf comparisons. Celebration Bermuda has also been included in several comparative bermuda grass studies.
Production and Quality Control
Genetic purity and preservation of the Celebration Bermuda grass variety is of the utmost importance. Only licensed turfgrass producers are authorized to grow Celebration Bermuda for sale. All Celebration Bermuda grass grown and distributed across the United States is certified by local state crop certification agencies that provide rigid standards and regulations for production, harvesting, and handling, that when adhered to, ensure a genetically pure, high quality, "certified" product. Additionally, all licensed Celebration Bermuda production is monitored through on-going quality control and quality assurance programs.
Best Management Practices
Installation and Establishment:
Installation and the care taken during the initial days that follow are the most critical factors in determining the long-term quality and performance of Celebration Bermuda grass. Harvesting and transplantation is extremely stressful to any turfgrass and precautionary measures should be taken to help reduce further cultural and environmental stresses. Celebration Bermuda is a tough, hardy turfgrass that once established, produces a beautiful lifetime lawn, landscape, sportsturf, or golf course. Proper care, including pre-installation soil preparation and limiting time on the pallet to less than 24 hours, yields positive results. Improper care, however, can cause death of the turfgrass or damage that results in lengthy recovery and additional expense.
Irrigating Newly Installed Celebration Bermuda:
Proper watering upon installation is essential to successful establishment.
- - Prior to installation, ensure irrigation systems are working properly and covering all areas to be planted
- - Water thoroughly upon installation ensuring that both the Celebration Bermuda is wet and the soil is moist to a depth of 3"
- - In hot weather, water within a few hours of installation to mitigate severe damage or loss due to heat / dehydration stress
- - To promote root establishment, water as needed to maintain moist soil to a depth of 3" for the first 1-2 weeks
- - Shaded areas and heavy soils require less water than full-sun areas and sandy soils
- - When proper rooting is evident, alter irrigation program accordingly
New installations are often uneven and care should be taken not to scalp high spots.
- - Mow within 10 days of installation and bag clippings the first few mowings
- - See Post Establishment Mowing on page 2 for more information
Use a transplant-friendly regimen that will help reduce shock and minimize disease.
- - Use a starter fertilizer that is low in Nitrogen and higher in Phosphorous and Potassium